Effective Pigeon Control Solutions
OvoControl®P Pigeon Control Program
Want less pigeons? The OvoControl®P pigeon control program is the most effective and humane solution to resolve a pigeon problem. Due to their remarkable breeding capabilities, pigeons can represent a particularly challenging pest. The key to solving a chronic pigeon problem is to interrupt the constant breeding and repopulation of the flock with “birth control” for the birds.
The OvoControl®P pigeon control program is ideal for large industrial facilities and other places where physical exclusion is not an option. With an OvoControl®P program, the pigeon population will decline at a rate of 50%, annually, with an ending population of 5-10% of the starting point.
OvoControl®P The Right Solution
Since pigeons breed so rapidly, poisoning or trapping birds is not a productive solution. Physical barriers are not ideal for larger facilities and plants. When you have a large physical plant, you need to control the bird population. As with any pigeon control technique, some sites are simply better suited than others. From experience, we find the highest utility for OvoControl®P is at facilities that share the following characteristics:
- Difficult or impossible to close the windows or doors which allows pigeons full-time entry and exit. These are most likely structures where physical exclusion is either technically challenging or cost- prohibitive.
- Facilities with multiple structures on the same site. In these cases, excluding the birds on one structure simply moves the problem to another one.
- Facilities that produce heat as part of their manufacturing process provide a strong attraction for pigeons. The birds seek out warm shelter for their nests.
- Pigeons try to find “cubbies” for their nests. Facilities that offer a large volume of quality nesting sites provide a strong attraction and nest fidelity for pigeons.
OvoControl®P (nicarbazin 0.5%) is a ready-to-use bait that controls
the reproduction of treated birds, causing the population to decline. This effective and humane technology is especially useful for managing pigeon flocks in large areas without having to resort to poisons and their associated risks.
PERMITTED BY APVMA (Australia)
Approved in Australia by the APVMA and approved by the EPA in 49 states across the USA, OvoControl®P is ideal for large areas where some pigeons can be tolerated but where a substantially reduced population is desired. OvoControl®P is non-hazardous and supported by the RSPCA Australia, Humane Society of the United States, ASPCA, Audubon and the Peregrine Fund – LEED Certified.
Baiting can begin at any time – flat rooftops are ideal. OvoControl®P has a wide margin of safety and efficacy. No special license is required to purchase or apply the product.
Baiting can begin at any time – flat rooftops are ideal. OvoControl®P has a wide margin of safety and efficacy. OvoControl®P can be used by Pest Control Operators, Government Employees, Council Operators, Military Base, Commercial and Industrial Facility Employees responsible for vertebrate pest management who are suitably qualified and experienced in the application of agricultural chemicals.
Automatic Feeder & Camera
ECONOMICAL TRIPOD FEEDER KIT (RM-OCFK 1000)
This large, tripod feeder is specially modified for dispensing OvoControl®P bait.
- Automatic, programmable feeder at an economical price.
- Optimized for OvoControl®P application
- Digital timer for precise bait administration
- Recommended for flocks of 20 or more birds
- Feeds up to 150 birds at a time
- Holds more than 50kgs of OvoControl®P bait
- 6-volt rechargeable battery and solar panel included
- Some assembly required